Everton travel to Brighton this weekend. Let’s have a look at The Seagull’s set up:
- Brighton are a compact side
- Keeper, Mat Ryan will play out from the back when he can
- The centre halves prefer to shuffle it wide to full backs
- The full backs are not overly aggressive in getting forward. They will try and feed Pascal Groß and Solly March.
- The whole team circulate the ball well in their own half but don’t carry this forward into oppo territory
- Dale Stephens is the midfield hub. His main concentration is ferrying it wide to the full backs. He does this as efficiently as anyone in the league right now.
- Groß will come central to receive but his dangerous work is from wider areas. He is more patient than March who is more likely to sling it into the box
- Brighton don’t create much in open play but are dangerous at corners. Watch Dunk, Duffy and Stephens find space.